Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Contribution to North Central Art



The images and articles refer to the fund-raising events that were held for the purpose of creating a space for graffiti artists to practice making public art. However this project failed to materialize. Over the years, the money that was raised has sat untouched while ideas of what to do with it would float around in my head. At one point, I thought of just donating it to local graffiti artists. This project sparked an exciting idea - upon finalizing the North Central project, I would donate the funds to the arts community in North Central. Further talks with the communications administrator of the North Central Community Association will assist me in making a final decision.

Included below are images of existing murals/public artworks in the North Central area. It is my goal to encourage more public art in the neighbourhood whether it be graffiti style or otherwise.


No comments: