Saturday, September 27, 2008

North Central Project - Changing Direction

The sequence of events for Project 1.
September 21st
Some members of the class met me at the Aquatic Center to begin filming the first portion of the boundaries of North Central. As I began filming and placing the CAUTION tape, it became apparent that the high winds were going to be a problem, and that the visual effect was not what I had hoped. I therefore discussed this with my colleagues, and decided a new direction would be the better choice.

After a few false starts, I decided to begin again to focus on some interviews with persons involved in North Central's Community affairs. As I began filming the interviews, it occurred to me that I would be able to capture alot of the images of North Central by video, by filming some of the street-scapes, and a number of very unique images that define life within the borders of North Central.

I began to reflect on my previous work and my style of using counterpositioning images with narrative, to portray ideas that would help the viewer understand what contributes to defining the borders and boundaries of North Central, both within and outside of what is normally considered to be the geographic boundaries of this area.

No comments: